Things new IRIS-HEP team members need to do
New IRIS-HEP team members need to do some number of things to get connected. This webpage documents the things that need to be done. If you find there are steps not mentioned here, or missing/unclear information, please contribute an improvement!
- Request membership in the IRIS-HEP GitHub organization.
- Add a photo named
.pngto the assets/images/team folder. It should be 320x240 pixels.
- Add a “
<your github username>.yml” file to the people folder in the website repository. Here is an example:
name: <Your name> shortname: <Your GitHub user ID> title: <Can be blank - will show a title under your picture> active: green institution: <Your University> website: <Optional, your website> photo: /assets/images/team/<First name>-<Last name>.jpg presentations: - title: How to make green eggs and ham date: 2018-09-10 url: https://indico.cern.ch/event/697389/contributions/3062046/attachments/1712602/2761531/ROOT2018-Union.pdf meeting: ROOT 2018 Users Workshop meetingurl: https://cern.ch/root2018 location: Sarajevo
- Add your GitHub username to the proper university file.
- Have an existing team member add your email address to the IRIS-HEP Slack team.
- Subscribe to the relevant Google mailing lists, at the very least “IRIS-HEP Full Team” and “IRIS-HEP Announcements”.
- The schedule for the meetings is a google doc, request that link from a team member.
There is a section for presentations in the file you created above. We would like to keep track of the presentations made by IRIS-HEP team members, with the following criteria:
- Only presentations related to IRIS-HEP itself should be included.
- Any presentation in a “public” meeting should be included. This includes presentations made in experiment meetings, even if they are protected such that the presentation and meeting links are not world visible.
- Presentations in the IRIS-HEP topical meetings should be included.
- Minor presentations in internal “working” meetings of IRIS-HEP do not need to be added.
- Presentations, lectures, etc. as part of training events should be included.
- Posters at workshops and conferences can also be included. You can add “(poster)” at the end of the title. Include a link to a pdf of the poster.
The meaning of the fields is the following:
- title - the title of the talk: you made need to place it in double quotes, if certain characters like a colon (“:”) are included in the title
- date - the date on which the presentation was made, in the numeric format “YYYY-MM-DD”
- url - this should be a direct URL to the presentation file (e.g. pdf)
- meeting - the name of the meeting
- meetingurl - the URL for the meeting in which the presentation was made
- location - optionally list the location of a meeting if it was a workshop or dedicated gathering. Meetings that are mostly in Vidyo can just omit this.
- focusarea - optionally list the relevant focus area for this presentation, using its short name, i.e. one of [ia,ssl,ssc,doma,as,osglhc]