ACTS is international, open source project developing an experiment-independent set of track reconstruction tools. The main philosophy is to provide high-level track reconstruction modules that can be used for any tracking detector. The description of the tracking detector’s geometry is optimized for efficient navigation and quick extrapolation of tracks. Converters for several common geometry description languages exist. Having a highly performant, yet largely customizable implementation of track reconstruction algorithms was a primary objective for the design of this toolset. Additionally, the applicability to real-life HEP experiments plays major role in the development process. Apart from algorithmic code, this project also provides an event data model for the description of track parameters and measurements.
Key features of this project include: tracking geometry description which can be constructed from TGeo, DD4Hep, or GDML input, simple and efficient event data model, performant and highly flexible algorithms for track propagation and fitting, basic seed finding algorithms. See ACTS webpage for further details of the full ACTS project.
The team supported by IRIS-HEP collaborating on the ACTS project are listed on this page. See here for the full author list. We held a tracking workshop for HEP in Berkeley in January 2019. Key ACTS experts from Europe were invited speakers at the workshop.
- 29 May 2020 - "Summary of Wednesday Session: Core Developments", Xiaocong Ai, ACTS Tracking for HEP Workshop
- 28 May 2020 - "ACTS Propagation on GPUs", Xiaocong Ai, ACTS Tracking for HEP Workshop
- 26 May 2020 - "ACTS Track fitting/finding Tutorial", Xiaocong Ai, ACTS Tracking for HEP Workshop
- 25 May 2020 - "ACTS Project Status", Xiaocong Ai, ACTS Tracking for HEP Workshop
- 22 Apr 2020 - "Tracking performance with ACTS", Xiaocong Ai, Connecting The Dots 2020
- 19 Feb 2020 - "Track fitting/finding with ACTS", Xiaocong Ai, Iris-hep topical meeting
- 8 Aug 2019 - "ACTS Status", Xiaocong Ai, USATLAS Summer Workshop
- 31 Jul 2019 - "Ambiguity Resolution: Using Machine Learning", Nicholas Cinko, ACTS Developers Meetings
- 31 Jul 2019 - "ACTS: a common track reconstruction software", Xiaocong Ai, DPF 2019
- 6 Feb 2019 - "IRIS-HEP Innovative Algorithms", Heather Gray, IRIS-HEP Steering Board Meeting
- 13 Jan 2019 - "Workshop introduction", Heather Gray, Berkeley Tracking Workshop
- 13 Jan 2019 - "Ambiguity Resolution Studies with ACTS", Heather Gray, Berkeley Tracking Workshop
- 13 Jan 2019 - "Ambiguity Resolution Studies with ACTS", Nicholas Cinko, Berkeley Tracking Workshop