Scalable Systems Laboratory
Together with the OSG-LHC, the Scalable Systems Laboratory (SSL) is designed to be the primary integration path to deliver the output of IRIS-HEP R&D activities into the distributed and scientific production infrastructure of the experiments. SSL hardware resources can be accessed through a gateway for testing, training and other activities.
Contact us: email@example.com
- 2 Aug 2022 - "NSF Shared Tier3 Analysis Facility at UChicago", Fengping Hu, US ATLAS Budget Scrubbing 2022 - (with parallel S&C technical meetings)
- 25 Mar 2022 - "AFs in the context of the IRIS-HEP AGC", Alexander Held, Analysis Facilities Forum Kick-off Meeting
- 16 Mar 2022 - "Kubernetes at UChicago: PATh, IRIS-HEP Scalable Systems Lab, U.S. ATLAS, and SLATE", Lincoln Bryant, OSG All-Hands Meeting 2022
- 9 Nov 2020 - "Unified Cyber Infrastructure with Kubernetes", Igor Sfiligoi, SC 20 Tutorial
- 21 Sep 2020 - "Data Engineering at the Large Hadron Collider", Ben Galewsky, Chicago Cloud Conference
- 4 Sep 2020 - "Scheduling a Kubernetes Federation with Admiralty", Igor Sfiligoi, OSG All-Hands Meeting 2020
- 21 Jul 2020 - "Controlling AWS Costs Using a Data Carousel", Ben Galewsky, Earth Science Information Partners Summer Meeting
- 8 Jul 2020 - "ServiceX and Kubernetes", Ben Galewsky, LHCG Grid Deployment Board meeting
- 23 Mar 2020 - "ServiceX: A distributed, caching, columnar data delivery service", Marc Weinberg, HSF DAWG -- DOMA Access joint meeting
- 27 Feb 2020 - "ServiceX", Marc Weinberg, IRIS-HEP Poster Session
- 30 Jan 2020 - "k8s for the IRIS-HEP SSLab", Lincoln Bryant, K8s-HEP Meetup ('Chicagoland')
- 10 Dec 2019 - "OSG use of PRP Kubernetes cluster", Igor Sfiligoi, pre-GDB meeting
- 18 Nov 2019 - "Unified Cyber Infrastructure with Kubernetes", Igor Sfiligoi, SC 19 Tutorial
- 5 Nov 2019 - "The Scalable Systems Laboratory: a Platform for Software Innovation for HEP", Rob Gardner, 24th International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP2019)
- 1 Nov 2019 - "DOMA Facilities", Rob Gardner, Joint WLCG & HSF Workshop 2019 - Analysis Systems: From Future Facilities to Final Plots
- 2 Oct 2019 - "Lightning talk: ideas on evolution of grid sites in Run 4", Rob Gardner, ATLAS Software & Computing Week No. 63
- 7 Aug 2019 - "Towards Lighter Operations", Lincoln Bryant, US ATLAS Computing Facility
- 17 Jul 2019 - "Delivery of columnar data to analysis systems", Marc Weinberg, Annual US ATLAS Computing, Software and Physics Support Technical Meeting
- 24 Jun 2019 - "Delivery of columnar data to analysis systems", Marc Weinberg, ATLAS Software & Computing Week #62
- 21 Jun 2019 - "Scalable Systems Laboratory (IRIS-HEP) - challenges, opportunities", Rob Gardner, Analysis Systems R&D on Scalable Platforms (AS-SSL Blueprint)
- 21 Jun 2019 - "IRIS-HEP Blueprint Concepts and Process", Mark Neubauer, Blueprint Meeting on Analysis Systems on Scalable Platforms
- 21 Jun 2019 - "SSL patterns: hybrid models, developer support, deployments", Lincoln Bryant, Analysis Systems R&D on Scalable Platforms (AS-SSL Blueprint)
- HSF IRIS-HEP Second Analysis Ecosystem Workshop Report, 10.5281/zenodo.7003962 (17 Aug 2022).
- The Scalable Systems Laboratory: a Platform for Software Innovation for HEP, R. Gardner, L. Bryant, M. Neubauer, F. Wuerthwein, J. Stephen and A. Chien, EPJ Web Conf. 245 05019 (2020) (13 May 2020) [NSF PAR].
- Supporting High-Performance and High-Throughput Computing for Experimental Science, E. Huerta, R. Haas, S. Jha, M. Neubauer and D. Katz, Comput.Softw.Big Sci. 3 5 (2019) (06 Oct 2018) [9 citations].
We collaborate with groups around the world on code, data, and more. See our project pages for more.