Intelligent Data Delivery Service
If HL-LHC is going to process exabytes of data, it needs data access systems that can deliver. The HEP community has always focused on delivering bytes to applications - each application must have an innate understanding of the data format in order to interpret the byte stream and it must understand the file naming scheme of the underlying storage.
The intelligent data delivery system is working to raise these semantics to work on delivering events as opposed to delivering bytes. This allows an edge service to prepare data for production consumption (filtering out unnecessary events and objects), the on-disk data format to evolve independently of applications, and decrease the latency between the application and the storage.
The IDDS work is an ongoing project within IRIS-HEP in the DOMA and Analysis Systems area, as well as within the HEP Software Foundation event delivery group.
- 15 Jun 2020 - "iDDS HyperParameter Optimization development for machine learning", Wen Guan, ATLAS Software & Computing Week
- 28 May 2020 - "iDDS integration", Wen Guan, ATLAS ADC WFMS meeting
- 11 Mar 2020 - "iDDS: A New Service with Intelligent Orchestration and Data Transformation and Delivery", Wen Guan, 3rd Rucio Community Workshop
- 27 Feb 2020 - "intelligent Data Delivery Service (iDDS) (Poster)", Wen Guan, IRIS-HEP poster session
- 7 Nov 2019 - "Event Streaming Service for ATLAS Event Processing", Wen Guan, 24th International Conference on Computing in High Energy Physics(CHEP2019)
- 30 Sep 2019 - "IDDS", Wen Guan, HSF & ATLAS Joint Event Delivery Workshop
- 24 Jun 2019 - "Delivery of columnar data to analysis systems", Marc Weinberg, ATLAS Software & Computing Week #62
- 20 Mar 2019 - "WLCG DOMA TPC Updates", Brian Bockelman, 2019 Joint HSF/OSG/WLCG Workshop (HOW2019)
- 6 Feb 2019 - "IRIS-HEP DOMA", Brian Bockelman, IRIS-HEP Steering Board Meeting