pyhf is a pure-python implementation of the widely-used HistFactory p.d.f. template described in [CERN-OPEN-2012-016]. It also includes interval estimation is based on the asymptotic formulas of “Asymptotic formulae for likelihood-based tests of new physics” [arxiv:1007.1727]. The aim is also to support modern computational graph libraries such as PyTorch and TensorFlow in order to make use of features such as autodifferentiation and GPU acceleration.
Recent Talks and Tutorials
- Matthew Feickert’s SciPy 2020 talk:
- PyHEP 2020 tutorial (uses
Use in Publications
Updating list of citations and use cases of
- Waleed Abdallah and others. Reinterpretation of LHC Results for New Physics: Status and Recommendations after Run 2. 2020. arXiv:2003.07868.
- G. Brooijmans and others. Les Houches 2019 Physics at TeV Colliders: New Physics Working Group Report. In 2020. arXiv:2002.12220.
- J. Alison and others. Higgs boson potential at colliders: status and perspectives. In 2019. arXiv:1910.00012.
- ATLAS Collaboration. Reproducing searches for new physics with the ATLAS experiment through publication of full statistical likelihoods. Geneva, Aug 2019. URL: https://cds.cern.ch/record/2684863.
- Johann Brehmer, Felix Kling, Irina Espejo, and Kyle Cranmer. MadMiner: Machine learning-based inference for particle physics. Comput. Softw. Big Sci., 4(1):3, 2020. arXiv:1907.10621, doi:10.1007/s41781-020-0035-2.
- Lukas Heinrich, Holger Schulz, Jessica Turner, and Ye-Ling Zhou. Constraining A₄ Leptonic Flavour Model Parameters at Colliders and Beyond. 2018. arXiv:1810.05648.
Updating list of HEPData entries for publications using
HistFactory JSON likelihoods:
- Search for direct production of electroweakinos in final states with one lepton, missing transverse momentum and a Higgs boson decaying into two b-jets in (pp) collisions at s√=13 TeV with the ATLAS detector. 2020. doi:10.17182/hepdata.90607.v2.
- Search for chargino-neutralino production with mass splittings near the electroweak scale in three-lepton final states in s√ = 13 TeV pp collisions with the ATLAS detector. 2019. doi:10.17182/hepdata.91127.
- Search for direct stau production in events with two hadronic τ-leptons in s√=13 TeV pp collisions with the ATLAS detector. 2019. doi:10.17182/hepdata.92006.
- Search for bottom-squark pair production with the ATLAS detector in final states containing Higgs bosons, b-jets and missing transverse momentum. 2019. doi:10.17182/hepdata.89408.
- Reproducing searches for new physics with the ATLAS experiment through publication of full statistical likelihoods, ATL-PHYS-PUB-2019-029 (05 Aug 2019).
- Open is not enough, X. Chen, S. Dallmeier-Tiessen, R. Dasler, S. Feger, P. Fokianos et. al., Nature Phys. 15 (2019) (15 Nov 2018) [8 citations].