RECAST is a framework for extending the impact of existing analyses performed by high-energy physics experiments.
Request: Upload alternative signals in the LHE format and request that any given analysis is “recast” for an alternative model. Note: this is a request, there is no obligation for the experiments to respond.
Subscribe: Anyone can subscribe to an analysis to be informed of activity associated with the analysis
Recast: Experimentalists can accept the request, process these alternative signals with the full simulation, reconstruction, and analysis selection. If authorized by their collaboration, they can respond with an authoritative result for the selection efficiency and cross-section limits for the alternative signal. Note, anyone can provide a non-authoritative result, for instance one based on a phenomenological recasting tool.
IRIS-HEP is proud to sponsor the Analysis Preservation Bootcamp at CERN on 17-19 February, 2020.
- Extending RECAST for Truth-Level Reinterpretations, A. Schuy, L. Heinrich, K. Cranmer and S. Hsu, arXiv 1910.10289 (Submitted to APS DPF 2019) (22 Oct 2019).
- RECAST framework reinterpretation of an ATLAS Dark Matter Search constraining a model of a dark Higgs boson decaying to two b-quarks, ATL-PHYS-PUB-2019-032 (12 Aug 2019).
- Reproducing searches for new physics with the ATLAS experiment through publication of full statistical likelihoods, ATL-PHYS-PUB-2019-029 (05 Aug 2019).
- Open is not enough, X. Chen, S. Dallmeier-Tiessen, R. Dasler, S. Feger, P. Fokianos et. al., Nature Phys. 15 (2019) (15 Nov 2018) [9 citations].
- Analysis Preservation and Systematic Reinterpretation within the ATLAS experiment, K. Cranmer and L. Heinrich, J.Phys.Conf.Ser. 1085 042011 (2018) (18 Oct 2018) [2 citations].
- Yadage and Packtivity - analysis preservation using parametrized workflows, K. Cranmer and L. Heinrich, J.Phys.Conf.Ser. 898 102019 (2017) (06 Jun 2017) [11 citations].
- HEPData: a repository for high energy physics data, E. Maguire, L. Heinrich and G. Watt, J.Phys.Conf.Ser. 898 102006 (2017) (18 Apr 2017) [53 citations].