IRIS-HEP Fellows onboarding
Welcome to IRIS-HEP! Congratulations on your acceptance into the IRIS-HEP Fellows Program. We look forward to your contribution and collaboration.
There are some additional items needed to complete the onboarding process.
You need to fill out a Payee Management Form in order to receive payment.
- For US Domestic students - https://finance.princeton.edu/forms/supplierpayee-management
- For International students - https://finance.princeton.edu/forms/foreign-individual-payeesubstitute-w-8ben
For tax purposes, we need you to answer the following questions:
- Are you a US citizen/permanent resident or a foreign national?
- Will you be physically located in the United States or your home country for the duration of the fellowship?
Please complete and attach the appropriate form and answer the two questions above in an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have general tax-related questions, please email email@example.com. For personal tax-related questions, we encourage you to seek the advice of a tax professional.
IRIS-HEP Web Site
Additionally, we also would like to add you to our Fellows webpage:
Follow the directions found here to create a markdown file for your page:
Once your pull request is merged and your fellows page is available on the webpage, you should update the IRIS-HEP project database with this that link. Follow instructions here to do that:
IRIS-HEP Fellows Slack Channel
Please also join the IRIS-HEP Fellows Slack Channel to interact with other Fellows and Mentors.
We will also use this channel to communicate news items and announce Fellows-relevant events this summer.
Once you accept the invite you can join the fellows channel in Slack by searching for “#fellows”, selecting the channel and clicking “Join Channel” or by typing:
in the message field and sending the message.
In general with communications on the Slack channel, we expect our members to:
- Be welcoming and support people of all backgrounds and identities
- Be considerate in words and actions
- Be respectful
More specifically, the values outlined in our Code of Conduct applies equally to all community members in all institute situations online and offline. As IRIS-HEP members, we expect fellows to be stewards of these values as well.